BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Welcome to my music blog. I started this due to increased interest in my music picks on my main blog. I have quite the eclectic and varied musical taste. So come on in, sit back, turn up the volume, and enjoy the music.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Slipknot "Snuff" & "Dead Memories"

This is such a great song, the slowly rising tempo coupled with powerful lyrics, just a great song.

"Snuff"


Excerpts from Wikipedia:

"Snuff" is a song by American heavy metal band Slipknot, Released as the fifth single from their fourth album All Hope Is Gone on September 28, 2009,[1] the song charted at number two on the Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, their highest charted single to date, surpassing Dead Memories.[2]It was not included in the All Hope Is Gone World Tour setlist but the band performed the song live at the October 11, 2009 performance in Kennewick, Washington.[3]
Roadrunner Records placed Snuff at No. 6 for its greatest music videos of all time.[4]The song was also nominated for "Best Single" at "The 2010 Kerrang Awards",[5]but lost to Liquid Confidence by You Me at Six.[6]

On the background and themes of "Snuff", vocalist Corey Taylor said the following: "This is the slow one. It's another personal one. Again, not naming names, it's about someone who helped me through a lot and I thought she felt the same way that I did and then she really let me down. At the same time, it was good that she did, because it was that final push to me figuring out myself. The lyrics are pretty self-explanatory.[7]


And just so you know, Slipknot is a very heavy band normally, so I included another favorite of mine off the same album, which is more akin to their sound.
"Dead Memories"

2 comments:

nitebyrd said...

I'm not a huge Slipknot fan but "Snuff" just kills me! What a great song.

W said...

It really is a great song, the lyrics are just killer. Glad you agree nitebyrd.