BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Welcome to my music blog. I started this due to increased interest in my music picks on my main blog. I have quite the eclectic and varied musical taste. So come on in, sit back, turn up the volume, and enjoy the music.

Friday, June 10, 2011

David Gilmour "Wish You Were Here" Live at Gdansk

A master on the guitar, with one of the best acoustic songs ever.

This is a recording of the final show of his On an Island tour in 2006, where he played to an audience of 50,000 at the Gdansk Shipyard to celebrate the founding of the Solidarity trade union.



So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have you found? The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww. *SWOONS* greatest ever ...